Katie's First Comp

One miserable afternoon a little girl called Katie asked her mum if she could do swimming. Katie’s mum didn't want Katie to do swimming because Katie wasn’t a very good swimmer. Katie’s mum was trying to think of a sport for her to try. “Gymnastics that’s it why not try do gymnastic’’. ‘’I don’t want to try gymnastics’’. ‘’why’’ said mum. ‘’didn’t you hear of Anna and how she did gymnastics but she broke her arm and the Hospital told her she wasn’t allowed to do gymnastics any more. Katie’s older brother wanted her to do gymnastics because it goes for 3 hours; the reason Katie’ older her brother wants her to do gymnastics is because he doesn’t like her that much. Her mum still was convincing her to do gymnastics was she wanted her to get brilliant gold silver and bronze medals. The next day Katie and her older brother went to their school. They go to Sapphire cove public school. Katie told her friends about gymnastics and swimming and all her friends told her to try out gymnastics. When Katie got home she told her mum that she would give gymnastics a try. On Sunday Katie’s mum signed her up for gymnastics. Katie now did gymnastics on Mondays and Fridays. When Katie went to gymnastics for the first time she could do a forward roll and hold a handstand for two seconds. Katie felt a bit embarrassed about falling over when doing a cartwheels, round offs and the handstand competition. After her first day of gymnastics Katie told her friends about her day. She explained about forward rolls and handstands. On Friday Katie had her second gym class and she got a little better. She was not able to touch her toes or do a proper handstand or forward roll but she could sort of do a cartwheel and round off. Over the weekend Katie was stretching every day by touching her toes and cartwheeling handstands and round offs. When Katie had her lesson on Monday her coach Melinda had something exiting to say ‘’Katie come here you have your first comp in one month.’’ Weeks of training came then went. On bars Katie had to do 2 tuck swings then a dish swing and 1 pull over for beam she had to do two step kicks and 4 triangle kicks then a quarter turn and dismount. Her favourite was floor and vault. On flor she has to do lots of practicing with her cartwheels and round offs. On vault she has to do a straight jump. When it was the day of the comp she was so excited. She put on her purple pink and white sparkly leotard as she excitedly jumped into the car. On the way to Rooty hill Katie was so excited she timed the way. It took exactly one hour and 45 minutes. When Katie walked in and saw her coach standing in in a crowed of probably 60 people Katie was speechless. First she goes in is bar the beam the n floor and last of all is vault. Katie was so nervous she had to try two times to get her pullover. She was so miserable she didn’t know what to do. Her coach Malinda told her to wash her face in time for beam. When she went on beam she didn’t fall of nether on her vault or floor. Over all Katie got second place.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!