Never Ending For Me

Never Ending For Me
“Ah’’ I wake up another dream of Logan its so hard to think after him dying of cancer and there is too much on my plate already. I sob as I get out of bed and mum stares, “Hazel did you have another dream of Logan?”
I glance back, ‘ut he is my best friend”. My Brother David Stares at me like I’m some depressed idiot “WHAT” I say in anger
“Well Hazel you look ah…UGLY’’ said David. Dad walks through the kitchen door “Okay how do I look”
“ Great outfit for the promotion” Mum said
“ Great dad you always look good in that suit” I say
“Dad why are you wearing a suit ? “
Mum interrupts “He is wearing a suit because he might get a big promotion” the alarm rings “okay get dressed for school or you’ll be late” said Mum.

I go into my room & look over at my chair with my school uniform… it isn’t there, I look on my bed nope not there. I shout “ MUM I CAN’T FIND MY SCHOOL UNIFORM”
Mum says “have you checked your chair”
“YES OF COURSE” I shout again.
Mum ran to my room “is it in your closet ?”
I open the closet “oh so that’s where it is, sorry I shouted Mum” I murmur
“that’s ok Hazel, NOW get dressed”.

I get to school and my best friend Avia is by the old oak tree crying her eyes out, I run to Avia “did you have a dream about Logan too?” I gasped
“Yes” Avia sobs. The bell rings Avia & I run to the classroom. Mr. Riley my teacher shouts “ Miss Hazel Collins & Miss Avia Winslow you are going to seasons”. I couldn’t believe it out of all the things I hate its seasons they talk about “feelings’’.


Finally I see the stop sign at the front of my house I open the door of my house I run to my room and look at my bed there is a small note that says “Dear Hazel don’t forget to get dressed for netball ok. Thanks Mum”. I get dressed right on the spot, I run to the kitchen to check what team were playing OH Kangaroos the easiest team on the planet other then Saturn, we bet Saturn 0-35 how easy is that.

The Final Siren rings “we WON!” everyone is scream with joy!


The next morning I wake I glance over at my lyrca, I don’t want to play netball again. I think to myself “ Logan won’t want me to play but Avia would want me to play” but I get up instead its Never Ending For Me.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!