Bad Days

I woke up to find myself buried in a trash can. What was I doing here? Oh yes I remember now. I’m going to look like a freak tomorrow! You seem a bit lost. Have I not told you about today? I’ll tell you. Just don’t laugh!
It all started on Monday. I woke up sweating, at 8:36 am. Is it hot in here or what? I thought as I started to wake up. Had I forgotten something? It probably wasn’t important. I put my dressing gown and slippers on and went downstairs. On the bench were three waffles with berries on top. My favourite! I scoffed them down with delight. I had a shower and then I brushed my teeth. I put on my cutest outfit I had (a small dress with purple stockings that matched) and went to collect my bag.
I found a note on my bag and it said:
Dear Maddie,
The waffles have gone off so don’t eat them
Good luck on the speech.
I was about to puke. It couldn’t be that bad. The speech! I totally forgot it! I grabbed my bag and ran out of the door. I ran and ran and ran until my legs were about to fall off! Luckily I was just outside the presentation room! I peered into the window and my class was there.
Ms Buckinsworth was calling my name. I barged in and yelled ’’Here!’’ ’’It’s your turn to present why you should be Rumbleberrys school president to us.’’ Ok I thought. You can do this. ‘’I should ummurr I should’’ ‘’Look she can’t remember her dumb speech! Sophie is tots gonna be the school president!’’ laughed Brook. 'yeah she is like, so right! Everyone laughed. I ran out and into the girls toilets and started to cry. Just then my BFF came in, followed by Sophie, Brook and Caty. ‘’They are really sorry and they want to invite you to their slumber party tonight.’’ said Ali AKA my BFF. ‘’ Here’s the invite.’’ said Sophie as she threw it over her head, while she walked through the door. ‘’let me you, you have pimples all over you and your mascara has run Milly!’’ I hate off waffles!
I paid no attention to the rest of my classes. The only thing I had on my mind was what I looked like and what I was going to wear to that party! When school finished I ran outside to find Sophie, Brook and Caty holding buckets of apricot yoghurt. They must really love their yoghurt. I was about to cross the road when they tipped the buckets all over me. ‘’Your defiantly not going to wear that again! We’re doing you a favour.’’ Thanks I thought. When I got home I got changed and packed to go to the party. When I arrived all the girls were talking about how stupid I was. I called them a lot of bad words. I pushed Sophie into the chocolate fondue. It was the best thing I have ever done! I ran into the dump and tripped over into a bin leaving me unconscious and back to where we started. I limped out of the bin. Ouch! I must of hurt my leg when I fell in. oh oh! everyone is looking at me. Including my parents and my crush! I am in so much trouble. I bet I have to pay for everyone's outfit. They all had chocolate stains all across the front. I also bet that at school I will now be known as chocolate freak. So not a happy ending.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!