Parenthood

Your parents are like your boots.
From the moment that they see your face, till the day you bury them, they are your boots.
They aid and protect you against the thorns, twigs and sharp stones on the bumpy path of life.
You should respect and thank your boots, and the person who made them, The Shoemaker, or as most of you know him as, The Lord. He wove and stitched every single boot in the world and carefully selected the right sort of boots for you.
However, along the path the going might get tough.
The pressures of carrying you down this path might become too much for the boots and they split, causing you to partly experience the rocky path before you're ready.
Or you might lose one, or possibly both your boots, making the path hard and unbearable for you.
Or perhaps the bonds holding your boots together might wear out and break, allowing small rocks, thorns and twigs to enter your boots, causing scarring, and bruising to your feet.
If this happens, you can always turn to the Shoemaker, who will always fix the splits caused by pressure, who will always find the old, or possibly a new boot and place it on your feet, and who will always strengthen the bonds in your boot.
No matter what obstacles lay on the path of life, the Shoemaker and your boots will always try and make the path easier to walk.
But in some part of life, with no one else’s choice but your own, you’re going to have to take your boots off and walk the bumpy path of life, alone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!