Falling Ever So Fast

Mandy was sitting on her little deck of her tree house. Mandy was washed up on the shore on this little island in 1924. She was going on a holiday on nice cruise when a storm came and the ship sank in a storm.
"I wonder what happened to everyone else?" Mandy thought. She had learnt how to look after herself very fast. The palm trees waved in the wind and the waves crashed in the sea. In the distance, Mandy could see a black ship. She went a grabbed her binoculars. Her heart beat Rose. She couldn't believe her eyes. Pirates!

Mandy grabbed everything she could. She jumped out of her house and ran. She didn't know where she was going but she new she had to run. Her heart beat was fast, her calfs burned and shivers ran up her spine. She was running as fast as she could then DROP! She was falling ever so fast. She screamed as loud as she could. She didn't know what was happening. She landed with a huge thud. The pain through her body was unbearable. Mandy was scared for her life. She was cold and hungry. What is the pirates found her? What would they do to her?

She was shaking so much the ground was nearly shaking with her. It was quiet and dark. "It looks like a an old mine shaft." What if she could never get out of this hole.

Over at the ship, Captain Leonard was having his tea.
"Tom! I wanted welled done steak. Not fish!" Tom was Captains slave. He just couldn't get anything right.
"Tom you have three seconds to get out of here!" Without thought, Tom jumped over board. And swam as fast as he could. He got to the shore and ran for his life. He just hoped they wouldn't shoot him. He ran into the island of big green palm trees. He could see the colourful birds, flying in the sky. Down in the mine shaft, Mandy would hear foot steps nearby.
"Help! Someone help me!" Tom heard the scared voice down in the shaft.
"Are you ok?" Tom knew he should help.
"No please get me out of here." Tom grabbed the roped that was dangling by his side, tied one end to a tree and chucked the other end down in the hole. Mandy grabbed the rope and started to climb the wall. She was so scared. Her heart beat was heavy. The rope burnt her hands. The sweat dripped off her head. She was near the top. What is she fell?

She grabbed anything she could, pulling herself out of the hole. Using all the strength in her body. The relief ran through they their bodies as Mandy was pulled to the surface of the earth. She was safe. If it wasn't for Tom, she wouldn't be here.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!