Net Trouble

“Hi my name is Stripes. Ok you probably think it’s a funny name for a human, but I not a human. I am a tiger, that’s why I am called Stripes.
“And I am called Flips the dolphin,” butted in Flips.

“Yeah we know Flips,” answered Stripes, “and that’s my sister. Just letting you know she’s really annoying.”

“Hey I heard that” groaned Flips.

“Sorry”

“So that’s my crazy sister Flips. Now why don’t we tell you about the weird and crazy story we had.
Well it all started off like this. Me and Flips were playing around the waters edge around all these boats. It was a normal day until a fishing trawler went to the ocean, but they forgot to pull up the big long net and Flips got caught in the big long
Net and ended up at sea. I waited four hours so I swam out to sea. It was long time before I got to Flips. It was like crossing a really hot desert. Except it was lunch time I had to go back food. If I didn’t I wouldn’t survive. So I went back for food. I ate my lunch and it was delicious. I wanted more but I knew I had go back for Flips. So I ran back to the wet and muddy waters edge. I jumped in but then I saw about twenty box jelly fish. I knew they were deadly so I jumped out and ran around and jumped the pier. Again it was like crossing a really hot desert. I finally got to Flips but when I got there I had a problem. I couldn’t breathe under water. I could only breathe underwater for ten seconds. It would take a lot longer to free Flips. So I decided to jump up on the boat. The fishermen were wondering what a tiger was doing at sea. I jumped off the boat and I had a quick look under the water and then I saw Flips. Flips shouted “Stripes!” Then I had to go up for air. I jumped back up on the boat. I tried biting through the wood. Then I saw the fishermen running towards me. I bared my teeth at them. The fishermen stepped back I bit through the wood again. I freed Flips. Yay! We swam back. As I said, it was like crossing a really hot desert. We finally made it home just in time for dinner”

“So that’s our weird and crazy story we had. Flips just told me to say bye. It’s a bye from me too.”

“Bye”


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!