A Blizzard Of A Challenge

Quickly, snowboarding down the crisp white snow, twins, Justin and Isaac were competitively racing down the steep ski slope. They had a bet that the loser would buy the winner a snow cone. While Isaac was clearly in the lead, something terrible happened.

“Ahh!” Isaac shouted as he suddenly fell waist deep into freezing cold water, making Justin the winner!

“Yes, I am the champion! I knew I could prove you wrong!”

“Fine, fine, you win, I would have won if it wasn’t for that hole,” moaned Isaac as he tried to struggle out.

“What are you boys doing out here in this cold, dripping wet?” asked Mum.

“Nothing!” The two boys replied together suspiciously.

“Get inside now, I’m not very happy with you both.”

Later in the afternoon a blizzard was expected and no one was allowed outside. The two brothers were told strictly not to leave their lodge and to be asleep by 8pm. Their parents, Steven and Heather, were going out for a romantic dinner to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary.

“See you boys,” said Dad.

“Be good,” said Mum.

Half an hour later, the boys were ready to go to bed and then, suddenly, they heard music coming from downstairs. They were so curious as to what was going on downstairs they went to see what the ruckus was. They hid behind a fake bush and then slowly sneaked into the side room. It turned out that some adults were gambling and they were also trying to win raffles.

They heard about a snowman building contest and a reward of $600. The twins looked at each other and they immediately knew what each other was thinking. They needed some money to pay their friends because they lost bets a couple of days earlier. One hour later, they had built a magnificent snowman, with a carrot nose and rocks as buttons.

“Mum and Dad are going to be back soon, we need to go back to the lodge,” said Isaac.

The next day, the winner of the snowman building contest was going to be announced. The brothers were anxiously waiting to hear the news. They sneakily crept down to the foyer without their parents knowing. At 9:30am they were going to announce the winner. Their parents were going skiing together at 9:30am so they had to be careful. Justin looked at his watch.

“What time is it, Justin?” asked Isaac.

“9:30am,” replied Justin.

“We need to win this money,” said Isaac.

“We will now announce the winners of the contest,” murmured the very un-enthusiastic employee.

“Justin and Isaac!” shouted the employee
“Here is your $600.”

“Yay!” shouted the boys.

The boys were so carried away that they ran up the stairs and bumped into their parents.
Mum and Dad found out about the money and decided that it was to go to the orphanage down the road.

So remember kids, honesty is the best policy!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!