Magic Mirror

Magic Mirror by Kobi Bondareff

It is 11:25 am on a Sunday. My name is Charlotte. I live in LA which is the busiest city around. It’s raining like usual. The town is grey and gloomy. “Ughh I’m terribly bored,” I said to myself. All I can do is jump in puddles outside which I’ve already done. Mum and Dad come back from work. Did I mention that I live in an apartment? Mum and Dad call out for me. I hide under the blanket pretending to not be there so I can actually have fun with mum and dad. They yell at me after they find me and gave me a … small mirror! I can see it’s second-hand as it has chips and cracks on it. It also has gold swirls on it which now look more like a disgusting yellow colour instead of a vibrant gold. The mirror is the most disgusting mirror I had ever seen. “Thanks,” I say not actually meaning it. I walked into my bedroom throwing the mirror on my bed.

“Ouch! A bit of respect please!” says the mirror and now it has a face on it. I scream while running into a dresser. “Jeez I’m not that scary!” says the mirror. I’m struggling for words. “Uh…uh…um,” I manage to get out. “Do you talk?” says the mirror once again. “Yes I do. Why, just why, are you talking and why do you have an ugly mirror cover?” I asked. “Excuse me, but I’m NOT ugly. Secondly, I’m a magic mirror,” the mirror replied. “What’s so magic about you anyway?” I asked. “Well I can do wizardry, except I’m stuck in a mirror,” the mirror stated with a frown on its face. “Show me a spell,” I say back. “Okay. Huda, Huda, MALCAMOR,” garbled the magic mirror.

Then in a flash we were in my future! At first I had no idea where I was. The magic mirror was nowhere to be found. “I’m over here!” shouted a strange man. He was tall, taller than my dad, in fact he was humongous. He had blonde curly hair and hazel eyes. He was wearing a very serious suit with a tie. He had a bent nose. “Who are you?” I asked. “Well, duh I’m the magic mirror!” said the strange man. “But you said you were stuck in the mirror!” I shouted in shock. “Well in your future, I guess someone released me from my curse,” expressed the magic mirror. Then I looked down at my hands but they weren’t my hands, I thought. They were all wrinkly. Then in a flash we were home.

“What happens in my future?” I shouted these words at the mirror. Then the mirror told me something that I will remember forever - “Just let life lead you down your path. Don’t try to go down a different path. Mistakes will happen and don’t cry about them, remember them.” Then he just disappeared.

A life lesson learnt.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!