Back Road

We take the back road, trying to escape the prison of red lights. Pushing the speed limit as we try and beat the cars ahead of us on the road we were just briefly on. You would think we were running from the law but we are just trying to figure out a faster way to get home. Trust me. My life could never be that thrilling. This is only a dramatized version of my life which at the moment is just like one of those bad soap operas on TV that you are forced to watch in the middle of the day.
As a 15 year old with only 2 friends and no social life what more can you expect. After school I come home complete school work, have dinner then go to sleep. There isn’t much you can do in the middle of nowhere anyways. Not unless you consider sitting on the porch watching the grass grow highly entertaining.
I hope to one day get out of this town, to do something good in the world. Right now in this small town of Norton with a population of 1,000 I’m not really doing any good. I don’t want to spend my life figuring out new ways to get around town. I want to do something and be someone. I would rather not watch grass grow for the rest of my life. No one would. Personally, I want to be able to positively change someone’s life, to help them see the light in the darkest of situations.
One day I will get out of here and make a difference. I will get to a largely populated city and I will be lulled asleep to the hustle and bustle of that city. Now that would be a huge change in scenery but change is good. In the end it would be hard to leave home but it’s something that I have to do. No matter what I have to get out of this town.
For now I guess I am stuck here, until then I have my wacky imagination. I can go anywhere, see anything I want. All I have to do is imagine. Wow, that seems a lot more cliché than I originally thought but that’s the truth. All you have to do is imagine and believe. It can take you all over the world and help create so many more opportunities. Well for now let’s see if my imagination can get me out of school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!