Bad Luck

Have you ever had a day where you had extraordinary luck and then the next day it is the exact opposite? That happened to me today. I was woken up by the sweet sound of my alarm clock exploding, launching bits of broken plastic everywhere like shrapnel. Naturally the pieces of plastic had wounded me so I cleaned up the mess and put a Band-Aid on the small cut. As I brushed my teeth I realised that my tooth brush felt weird. When I looked at it I saw that it was my mum's small normally. I went downstairs, made my cereal, hair comb. I instantly spat out the contents of my mouth.
Feeling disgusted I continued my day normally. I made my cereal, sat down and ate it. As I was eating peacefully I suddenly saw the time. It was a quarter to nine! I ran upstairs, quickly changed, grabbed my bag and sprinted to the bus stop. I checked my watch. There was only five minutes before the bus left. When I got to the bus stop nobody was there. I waited and a few minutes and realised that the bus must have left early. I doubled my speed and tried to somehow get to school by nine. I then found out that I had worn my pants backwards when I was being hasty.
I reminded myself to flip my pants when I got to school. Fifteen minutes later I got to school. Nobody was standing outside so I assumed that everybody had gone to class. I quickly flipped my pants in the change room and made my way to class. I tried to remember any events the teacher had mentioned yesterday but my mind went blank. When I got to my class nobody was in there. I checked the other classes and once again nobody was there. I ran in to my classroom and checked the calendar. Written next to today's date was, "Athletics Carnival." I instantly remembered the teacher telling the class to go to the athletics track for the school's athletics carnival.
I picked my bag up and hurried to the Athletics Track. When I got there I saw some younger kids racing down the track. The Athletics Carnival had started. I ran up to my teacher and said I had forgotten about the carnival and had accidentally gone to school. She told me to go to the "Year Six" stand. I joined my friends on the benches and talked until it was my turn to race. I took my position in one of the lanes and waited for the teacher to fire the fake gun. "Bang!" the gun was fired and I instantly sprinted as fast as I could. Suddenly I heard a rip and I felt pain in back of my ankle. I cried out in pain and one of the teachers came to look at my foot.
One of the teachers helped me get into a car and drove to the hospital. When I got there a doctor checked my leg and told me what had happened. I had torn my "Achilles." I was given a sedative and was operated on. A surgeon had sewn the two ripped tendons together, skin back and then wrapped my foot in a tight cast. When the surgeon was done, he told me to not move my foot around too much and that he would remove the cast in three months. I was shocked to hear this and knew today was an unlucky day. At least my day couldn't get any worse. Or so I thought...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!