Back Home

Back Home
The streets were dry and lonely. Where was home? Where was I? I was a loner until I heard it. “HOWARD! HOWARD! HOWARD!” I turned my back meeting the face of my sister who at once hugged me. I actually felt happy to see my 5-year old annoying sister Praline. We stood there. As time passed I could hear a sobbing sound from Praline and I could also feel my jacket getting wet as Praline cried her doggy whimpering cry [I’ve got to admit. It’s pretty cute] on and on. I finally pushed her back and said, “We have GOT to find mum and dad. Listen little sis, I’ve got a pl...” “AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!”She screeched. I turned as a venomous snake approached us and took a flying leap at my neck. I dodged just in time only suffering a bruise as I hit my head on the ground. I secured her from the grounds and grabbed the largest stick I could find. “This is going to be messy!” I thought. Before I knew it a large car drove suddenly over the snake splitting it in half. I vomited. Praline fainted and squealed.
When we woke up we were dehydrated and starving.

Then right in front I couldn’t believe my eyes. In front of me was the biggest buffet I had ever seen in my life [Well after I finish eating it would probably the smallest buffet I have ever seen but maybe not a buffet]. I leapt accidentally on to Praline assuming she was Praline but it really wasn’t Praline because she was still fast asleep when I turned. The thing threw me off its back. As I flew back I knocked Praline on the head [by accident of course] causing her to jump in fright. But as she did that, Howard realised that the thing was very weak. Then the thing’s only guard and the strongest got knocked down and knocked out [accidentally] by Praline.

We charged at the thing. Pinning it to the ground we removed its hood and gaped in astonishment. “Mummy!” cried Praline as she squeezed our mum. “Mum!” Then I realised Dad wasn’t there. “Mum where’s Dad?” “Right behind you!” came the answer. I span around as my dad grabbed me and hugged me super tight, then my mum came and joined us.
We were back home.

By Hannah Jose 2014

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!