Arcade Adventure

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

I clamber up the steep cliff face. When I reach the top, I feel a sudden sense of triumph streak through me, but as soon as it comes, it goes, for I am not safe, not even close. A killer troll staggers after me, groaning and howling. I wouldn’t have been as worried if he was alone, but the rough, rocky terrain is teeming with all sorts of slimy, scaly, fluffy or just downright freaky monsters! This time I don’t bother shooting a missile or even slime at them. I drop a bomb and flee! An agile zombie python is right onto me though, streaking after me. He is faster; much faster than I am.


My head is whirling and my brain feels heavy with suggestions, but no way will I let it show! I smother the screeching beast with slime and recite my mini victory song. Wait, what is that? I think to myself. A low moaning sound booms into my ears. Yes, a new monster to kill! My joy fades as I see it. It towers into the sky, blocking my view of whatever is behind the skyscraper of a monster. Despite his size, he looks quite innocent but it looks like I spoke too soon. Ten fireballs power their way towards me, and before I know what is happening, the screen blurs around me and big bold words appears, spelling ‘GAME OVER’ ‘CONGRATULATIONS! NEW HIGH SCORE’ Yes! I punch the air in pride. I love this game!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!