A Day In The Life Of An Orangutan

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

I woke up today to the sound of logging machinery. Once again I knew we had to get moving. I woke up Mum and Dad it was the same thing every day, we were always on the move.
I can still remember the day they came to destroy our home. Grandma was too sick to run, suddenly she collapsed and Grandpa ran to help her. My parents were running beside me and urging me not to look back.
I didn’t listen and when I looked I saw the humans surrounding Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa let out a screech to warn them to stay back, but what I saw next made me choke and stand stunned. They kicked them over and over again. One of the humans picked up a large stick and proceeded to beat them to death.
Suddenly my fear exploded into anger. How could they just destroy our home and hurt my family!
I charged at them but dad grabbed my arm and held me back, I wanted to help them but there was nothing we could do. As we retreated I started to cry. Tears rolled down my cheeks, Mum and Dad hugged me and caringly said “I know son, I know “.
I suddenly stopped daydreaming. As we retreated into the forest I thought to myself, “When will this end?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!