Hunger

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

I feel my insides eating away as my lips yearn for the taste of human blood. I smell it all around me as the greedy humans take it for granted. I hear it pumping through their veins, I use all my will power to keep my distance but that isn’t enough. I feel myself edging closer and closer to an innocent victim that’ll endure my pain and hunger.
The shimmering full moon keeps my vision alive. The young woman that will end my craving stands at the edge of a long gloomy lane. Her green eyes sparkle from the fluorescent lights and her long brown hair reaches her hip.I just about reach her until she begins to walk away. I swiftly slip my leg in front of her incoming step. She falls into the darkness, shock and confusion fills her face. I pick up her frail wrists and start to pull her thin body further into the night fall. I hear her heart pound against her chest as she opens her mouth, preparing to scream but I cover her lips to mute the sound.
She continues to struggle until we reach the end of the laneway. I remove my hand and she lets a blood curdling scream escape her lips. She tries to escape but I grab her hair pulling her down to the ground and I hear her body crash into the concrete.
Tears stream down her face. Her eyes beg for mercy and I wipe away her tears. “I’m just so hungry” were the only words that escaped my lips before I let the controlling moon seep into my body and take over my mind.
My eyes slowly flutter open allowing my vision to adjust to the morning sun. My surroundings are unfamiliar and I can’t remember where I am or how I got here. Everything around me is very dim, for the only thing making me aware of my environment is the sunlight coming from the distant opening of the laneway.Guilt fills my consciousness from a reason that I am not attentive of. I look down at my clothes, shock and devastation amplifies throughput my body. My once pure white dress is covered in sinful splatters of blood. I know this blood is not mine. I lift my blood stained hand to reach my lips, which drips more evidence down my chin.I look around trying to find the leftovers of my outrage. The only thing I see is a pool of my outrage. The only thing I see is a pool of blood and an earring laying in it. This person didn’t deserve all the misery and affliction I put them through.Remorseful flashbacks of severing flesh and bloody teeth flood through my mind.She had a family, she had a life and I ended all of that for my vacancy.
I tried so hard not to be the monster they forced me to be.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!