An Underwater Adventure

The afternoon was hot when I dived into the cool, refreshing, aquamarine water. Lazily I swam amongst the beautiful bluish greenish seaweed. The seaweed was dancing in the waves. The darting silver fish were leaping out of the water.

Then, without warning, a scary grey shadow moved over the top of my head. I felt a shiver and my head was spinning with fear.

Just at that moment I saw an underwater cave. I swam into the cave. The water was freezing and it was eerie. I saw some shells. Some of them were curly and some had tiny animals like snails inside them.

I wondered if the shadow I had seen was really a scary shark. Then I wondered if the shark lived in the cave. If he did live in the cave then maybe he would be cranky if he saw me in there.

The air was starting to run out of my oxygen tank. I needed to get out of the cave but I realised I was lost and didn't know which way to go. I was starting to panic and I had almost given up hope when my awesome diving buddy suddenly appeared and came to my rescue. He shared his mask with me. I got some breathing air and started to relax.

We found our way out of the cave and swam speedily to the water's surface. Then out into the sweet, refreshing air we went and we could smell the salt of the sea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!