Family Money

Family Money?
Many years ago when the rivers ran free and the trees waved from side to side there was a little cottage on the edge of the woods and in this cottage lived a very poor family.
This family was made up of three people, Toby a ten year old boy, his jolly father Joe and his lovely mother Josephine.
Joe’s cousin was very rich but they rarely saw him because he lived in a huge mansion and worked in the city on the other side of the forest.
Joe’s family were going through very hard times with their bills. They had the water bill, electricity bill and the school fees.
“Oh my” said Joe as he read the post. ”The school fees are going up every week because we haven’t paid the full amount yet.”
“Oh, wait,” said Josephine, aaaaaAACHOO “Sorry about that, I’ve caught a cold. I wonder if we should call Fred because he would be having a break from work so we might be able to stay at his house.”
“I could leave school to get a job” exclaimed Toby a bit excitedly, one because he knew how serious this was and two because he didn’t like his headmaster Mrs Limper.
Joe decided to give Fred a call that night to ask if the family could stay for a couple of days. “Hello Fred speaking” Fred said.
“Oh, hi Fred it’s me Joe. I would just like to ask if we could stay at your house for a couple of days during your break.”
”Oh it would be an honour to have some guests around for my holiday.”
The next day they packed and drove off. It took 3 hours to get there because it was a huge forest. Finally they arrived at Fred’s mansion. Sure enough Fred came out, took their luggage and invited them inside. Fred took them for a tour through the house and showed them their rooms so that they could settle in.
“So, why exactly did you want to come to my house?”
“Well we have very high bills and we didn’t want to make any higher, but we can’t stay here forever which is annoying because we’ll have to sell our house to pay all the bills.” Said Josephine
“Oh don’t be silly, I’ll lend you the money that you need, but you’ll have to give back the change because otherwise I’ll become poor as you are. “
“Really you’d do that for us?”
“Of course why wouldn’t I?”
So after their discussion they had a drink and went off to sleep.
The next day they went off to a coffee shop to have breakfast. Later they arrived back at their house with their money to pay bills and buy their chickens. They bought their chickens, paid off their bills returned the change to Fred, who even taught them how to manage an egg business.
The End!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!