Somebody To Love

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

The beautiful Gazelle
Her fur the colour hazel
“Chloe darling, can you please take out the rubbish for me?” asks her mum, Natasha.
‘Sure mum.’ Chloe said as she walked down the stairs. When she got out to the kerb, Chloe checked the letterbox for any bills. She was surprised to see there was a letter addressed to her written in neat handwriting. ‘What?!’ she wondered out loud ‘Who gave this to me?’
Chloe slowly opened the letter, anticipation building up inside her. When she opened the letter, she was surprised to find there was no sender’s name.
Dear Chloe,
You have no idea how long I have waited to give you this. You mean the world to me, but I feel I cannot reveal myself to you yet.
My friends are always telling me that we would be perfect, but I feel so shy whenever I even go near you. I wondered if you feel the sane about me, or if this is just some twisted dream.
I don't know how to write my name on this letter, so this will have to do.
From,
Boy in Love
‘Wow!’ Chloe thought, ‘This is my first love letter! I had better keep it safe.’ Chloe ran upstairs to her bedroom and put the letter safely inside her sock drawer. ‘No one will think to look here.’ Chloe reassured herself.
All day Chloe was thinking about the mystery letter.
“Chloe, are you ready to go to shopping yet?” her mum yelled up the stairs.
‘Oh yeah!’ Chloe thought ‘We’re going shopping today.’
When they walked in the door after 4 hours of amazing shopping, Chloe went upstairs to unload her gifts. She didn't realise that there had been someone in the house. When she went to open the window to get some fresh spring air, she noticed a note stuck to the glass. ‘What? I didn't put this here!’ Chloe exclaimed. She retraced the day up until she left the house to go shopping. ‘Nope, I did not put this here.’ Chloe walked up to the window and carefully got the note off the window “Meet out the front of your house at 10:00 tonight” it read. ‘Okaaay’ Chloe said slowly.
It was 9:55 and Chloe was waiting nervously outside her house. ‘C’mon dude. Who are you?’ Chloe was armed with a baseball bat and a torch finally, 10:00 arrived. A stranger walked onto the lawn, but Chloe felt she knew him.
“Hey Chloe”
OMG! It’s Liam Abbie “Hey Liam”
“So I know this is a little unexpected, and I do like you very much, but what is with the baseball bat, seriously?”
“Sorry, I kind of thought an axe murderer might have written me that note. But you aren't an axe murderer so I guess I could put that away!”
“Yeah, so, could there be a chance that you could come to the movies tomorrow?”
“I think so. What would we be watching?”
“The Fault In Our Stars.”
“Ooh, how romantic!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!