The Cyborg Studies

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Our story begins in the year 2094 inside of the most technologically advanced science lab where they have experimented with artificial life, me, Jonathon. I’m an artificial intelligent life form, created to solve Earth’s pollution.

Once my body was completed, I arose from the experimental table. The first person I encountered was Dr Kindston, my trainer. She trains me to neutralise pollution and control the weather.

I’d completed my training when I was kidnapped by a team of evil Scientists lead by Blex. Dr Kindston had realised I was missing because I failed to turn up for my first day of neutralising pollution. She pressed the emergency button which alerted all the staff that I was missing. An investigation was started.

Meanwhile, I was held captive in Blex’s laboratory and I was his next ingenious project for world domination. Blex’s partner, Elvil, was uploading a corrupt program into my system. My thoughts became unclear and I started worshipping my new masters.

“We’ve found evidence belonging to Blex and his team of scornful scientists,” said a detective. There was an explosion and the screams of terrified citizens. The scientists turned and they saw me controlling a storm with lightning striking buildings and creating pollution. Five hundred police came to fight me but one spin of my finger and they were sucked into a cyclone.

Nobody was left to save the world from total destruction. The scientists had managed to form some defenders with their untested guns ready for any unexpected actions. Dr Kindston told them Jonathon, myself, was still inside the uncontrollable machine and she went to prove it.

Cautiously, she crept up behind Blex who wasn’t paying any attention to Dr Kindston and tackled Blex but Blex knew Karate. They both fought until Dr Kindston was too weak to fight. Dr Sweet, Dr Kindston’s best friend, started fighting because Dr Sweet wanted to protect Dr Kindston. The other scientists joined the fight to give Dr Kindston a chance to reach me.

While the Scientists were battling, Dr Kindston saw her chance. She hauled herself to her feet and pulled on my arm telling to leave Earth be, reminding me why I was invented and that she was a friend, not foe. I wasn’t paying attention to what she was saying so BANG! I shot her down. Figuring I had murdered Dr Kindston, I felt, emotional which was strange because emotions weren’t in my programing. I faced Blex and Elvil and gripped there skinny arms.

The Army came and I was ordered to hold still or they’d fire. I did as they said but Dr Sweet interrupted, “Jonathon shouldn’t be imprisoned because Blex and Elvil uploaded a computer virus into Jonathon.” She stated, “It’s true,” the boys confessed, “We wanted-” “To conquer the world? We’ll see what the judge has to say about that!” Vowing to never allow another human control my... emotions... I reconstructed broken buildings, made the weather rain lollipops and started neutralising Earth’s pollution.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!