It Stops Tonight

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Tonight is the night. The night where everything ends. The calls, the texts, the notes and all the other harassing things. It has been going on for too long and I am done. I have three suspects in mind. Number one, my biggest enemy, Karla. She has always hated me, ever since I stole a boy from her in 2nd grade. Number 2, I know this sounds rotten but my mum. She has every reason to send me threats, after all I did punch her in the face and walked out in the middle of her 3rd wedding ceremony in the last five years. And number three, which I know sounds impossible but my dead best friend Katie Ryan. The only reason I think it's her is because no one ever saw her get buried or cremated and the day she "died" I chose to spend the day with my Great Aunt than go bike riding with her, where she apparently got kidnapped. They found her body, demented in a ditch a few days later. But I don't think she's dead, I think she's still out there mocking me, blaming me for her apparent death. I sent my last text before I snuck out of my bedroom window at 11:00pm. 'Meet me at the big oak tree' I texted the unknown number. They have been harassing me for weeks. Threatening me to do things I didn't want to do, it's like they know all my secrets. The oak tree is where all the school kids hang out when they secretly want to get drunk or high or just have make out sessions with their lovers, like me. But I was on a serious mission here. I was thinking of all the people I would lose if I died tonight, my dad, Josh my boyfriend, My brother, my sister, my friends and if she is not behind this my mum. I was nervous, I kept thinking about if I would die or not but I knew it was a possibility. But most of all I just wanted to know who it is, if it's one of my suspects or even anyone closer. I took a left turn down Holbridge road walking along the tree line. This was the only way to the oak tree that everyone knew about. What if they don't show up, what if I walked all this way for nothing. I see it. The oak tree, I start to jog. I was ten meters away when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. Two black figures, both turned with their backs facing me and in head to toe black. "Hello, who are you? And why are you messing with me?" I yelled. The one on the left started walking backwards towards me, He or she was a bit taller than the one on the right. Then the right started coming. They both turned. "Mrs Ryan and.... Josh?" I stood there shocked. Then everything went black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!