Never Give Up

The whole class gasped as Mrs Santos and Ms Barrack told us about the ‘write4fun’ competition. “Winners win a share of $1000 dollars and a choice of either an IPad or an Xbox” Mrs Santos explained.
I gained lots of confidence at first, so I rushed to my desk as I panted on my way because I was running so fast like Bolt. I took my English book out, and before I was finished, Ms Barrack told us the competition was across different schools. I lost all my confidence, and started to get butterflies in my stomach. Those butterflies felt like horses running in my insides like a stampede was going on.
I finished my writing and walked up to Ms Barrack calmly. I asked her to read it. Sadly she wasn’t impressed about my work, so she gave me a few tips on how to improve, and reminded me that this wasn’t a class competition. I felt like giving up, but I didn’t. I used her tips to improve my writing, and told myself ‘never give up’. Phew! I’ve finished my writing! I calmly walked up to Ms Barrack, and asked her again if my writing was good enough. She said no again. I wonder what I’m going to do!
I sighed, “Well I guess I’m going to have to take it home” I said to myself in a mumble. I went home, ate a snack, and went straight to my writing. I wrote day and night just to get it perfect. I was the only one awake... I checked the time, “oh, I know why I’m the only one awake! Its midnight!” even though it was midnight, I didn’t sleep; I didn’t give up on my writing.
I yawned. Huh? Oh! I still haven’t finished my writing! What’s the time? 4:00 am?! Oh my goodness! I only have 2 hours to finish my writing, 1 hour to get ready for school! Anyways, I’ve got to hurry up! Phew! I’m not late for school! I wonder what Mrs Santos and Ms Barrack will say about my piece of writing. “Mrs Santos, Ms Barrack! Is this good enough?” “hmm let’s see... oh sorry hun, I don’t think it’ll be good enough” I sighed. Really?! I stayed up all night and worked my butt of for nothing?! That’s it. I’m giving up. “(no you can’t give up, this is part of your strength, writing!)” I hear this little voice in my head saying to never give up?
Mum, I’m going to get on with my writing! okay I’m finished my work.I hope the teachers are going to like it! “Mrs Santos, Ms Barrack, is this good enough?” oh my goodness! It’s wonderful!” “Thanks miss!” I knew it! Never give up!
Hi my name is Alyanna Castaneda, and the piece of writing I just did was the story you have just read. Oh and by the way, never give up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!