Storm Swep

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

My lungs burned as I sank into the ocean. Voices of my mother and my father echoed in my head. 'The ocean has a power which cannot be beaten when you’re in it your in its heart its spirit it's unpredictable what it you will do to you it has full control of you'. I remember my father's words when I was a little 'Stay away from the ocean and never swim outside the cove dangerous things could happen to you. But the pull has pulled me down here I cannot escape the longing. The sea is my home. I reach into the very depth of my lungs and breathe with all my might. But it doesn't work, I collapse unconsciously. I am done for the sea's power is too strong to fight. I fall onto the sea bed my spirit is now forever with the sea. I close my eyes and dream. I dream of me flying through the ocean faster than a dolphin. The sea is my best friend and I am it's. I hear the music but it's different nothing like what I've heard on the land. It's as delicate as a conch shell. The music fills my body and I vibrate with it. I sing words which I've never ever heard but it's like I've known them forever. My hair swirls around me and I listen to the music which fills my heart and creates a calm mysterious place. Every limb and bone in my body is moving to the haunting music. Then dolphins and seals fill the water. Then the strangest thing happens. Out of shadows comes people but they are not ordinary they are strong they are men and women just like the ones who laugh and talk on land but they are different. They have flowing hair their skin is pearly white nothing like I'd ever seen before. And the most shocking part of all they have strong scaly tales that gleam with light. They come to me they laugh I laugh we sing we dance. They are my family, my friends but most of all my companions. I belong here. The sea keeps me safe. We will never be parted we are together at home forever. From the sapphire blue ocean, to hidden underwater caves, from beautiful and stunning shining reefs. It is part of me now this is my place.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!