The African Boy

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Once there was a school in Africa and because Africa was so poor there were a lot of robbers. One day a boy named Jojo was playing with his best friend Jomboy. As they were going inside a robber came and kidnapped Jojo!
The robber took Jojo to war. A bullet tore off Jojo’s finger! Jojo ran behind a rock. After a few minutes a soldier hid behind the same rock. He looked at Jojo and said “You seem alright. How old are you?” Jojo held up seven fingers. “Okay, I’m gonna trust you not to kill me. Do you trust me?” Jojo nodded. “Stay here.” Said the soldier and then he went to go and fight. After a few days later the war was finally finished and the soldier whose name was Bill brought Jojo home but they didn’t go to England they went to Australia!
Jojo went to school with four boys named John, Bruce, Sam and Jim. They teased him because he had nine fingers. Jojo tried to tell them why but they never listened. His best friends were Rebecca, Jake and Chris.
About twenty years later Jojo wrote a song called ‘Love Me Baby’ - it was the best song in the world! Someone asked him why he had nine fingers. He told the world why. “The reason I have nine fingers is because when I was seven I was kidnapped and taken to war and a bullet tore off my finger. Bill Thomson took me to Australia. If John Torome, Bruce Pourch, Sam Sorko and Jim Mores are watching, that is why!” Said Jojo.
Jojo also got married to Rebecca. One day they were in their jet, when suddenly one of the engines stopped working and they went down, down and down, until they went past the ground. Chris looked out the window and screamed like a girl, then he fainted. Jojo almost had a heart attack. The pilot said that they were in Pompeii. Then Jojo fainted, then the pilot, then Jake and then Rebecca. They woke up and saw larva! They started saying their last words when they went into a portal!! They fell and everything was mixed up, like pigs flew and butterflies were evil and ducks went neigh! They met a girl named Teearna. She said “I was on a holiday. I went to see a volcano and it erupted and I was surrounded by larva and then I fell through the floor and landed here!” They walked around for a while and then the evil butterflies came! Teearna kicked away the butterflies. Then Teearna told them that her mum was a scientist and taught her how to make portals! They had to find a Ruby gem.
They sailed across the sea. Teearna got blown off the boat! A shark bit her leg but she got away. Rebecca wrapped her leg up and they arrived at the island. They had to beat up a robber who tried to steal the Ruby! They used the Ruby to make the portal. But it didn’t work. Rebecca asked “What’s wrong with it?” Jojo asked “Where’s Scarlet?” “Who’s that?” Asked Chris. “My sister” she said. Teearna started digging. She found her and the portal worked! They took Teearna and Scarlet to the hospital.
When they got out they were very happy and they lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!