The New Girl

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

As she walked into the classroom, her sky blue eyes twinkled from the shining sun outside. Her hair was golden blonde, with tints of chocolate brown strands. She was wearing a big, red bow in her perfect, long plait.
Her lips were a red and pink colour, like a beautiful sunset. She wasn’t exactly smiling, but she wasn’t frowning either. She had a confused look on her face, like she didn’t know where she was.
Her socks were the whitest of white, like fresh snow. With those socks she wore brand new Nike runners, bright pink with a lime green outline at the bottom.
Her earrings were pastel blue feathers, dangling from her small ears. Every time she took a step, her earrings would slowly swing from side to side, banging into her neck.
She was wearing her school uniform, with her collar down and both buttons done up tightly. She was carrying a bright blue bag with a school’s name on it. I suspect it was her old school’s name.
Finally, she came and sat down. She chose to sit in the free chair next to me. She smelt like flowers just after they had blossomed.
She was perfect.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!