Sack Of Potatoes

I am so pumped I am on the bus waiting to prove that I am the fastest kid in school, I came first last time so this will be a piece of cake. When I arrived I saw a woman, wait that is my chemist “Thank you for the cough lollies" I shout at the top of my lungs. She does not hear me, probably because she is half deaf. But she just stared at me. I quickly turned and faced the other way and put my hands in my lap uncomfortably.
When I start the race I know it will be easy. On your marks, get set, go! I feel like I am running so fast but everyone is beating me. I finished dead last. James finished first which was weird because he came last, last time.
When I come home it hits me, the cough lollies. I go up the stairs into my bedroom and jump in my bed thinking, “I got it a witch” I say quietly. I got it, I can fight fire with fire. A chill slivers down my spine, another witch. I know what I have to do. I sneak out the window and set off to find an old red caravan which the kids all talk about at school. I thought this was not a good idea because it was pitch black and I am trying to find a witch. I see the caravan it had stained windows with the rest red, the wheels on it were popped. I knock on the door and I hear an old squeaky voice “Come in.” I push open the door and step on the creaky floor boards scared I will fall through. She stepped out of the darkness and pointed her finger at me “So you have bad luck” she said. “Y-y-yes I say.” She handed a sack to me, I take a peek "Potatoes" I say. “Yes and remember it does not save lives and don’t take more than one a day” she muffled.
That day I feel so tired I packed my bag and I was just about to go then I remembered. I got my potatoes and stuffed one in my mouth. And it worked I don’t feel tired. It worked and then I start dancing around the house and I skip out the front door.
When I make it to school the bell rings ‘What timing was that’ I thought. I walk up to the classroom upstairs. As soon as I come up James asks me “How did you get rid of your bad luck?” "How did you know” I say. “Well you came last” he answered. “A witch gave me a sack of potatoes" I said. “Does it work?" He Replied. “Yes” I say. “Can I have one” he added in. “But you don’t have bad luck and they are only for me” I said. Then he stole one off me, jumped out the window shoved a potato in his mouth then SPLAT!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!