The Invasion That Nearly Happened

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

The lighthouse shone like a beacon, directing the invaders through the night. “Remind me again why we are doing this sir?” asked a loyal servant. “If we take the lighthouse, we can take the small village in the valley.” replies his commander.
The group creep next to the fence wearing all black clothes as not to be seen. They tip toe along the edge of the sheer cliff until they hear the creaking of a door. They stand frozen to the spot, listening. Someone comes outside and calls to an animal or pet, probably a dog. With no reply they go back inside.
The invaders continue along the fence until they come to an old crumbling building, probably left there by generations of light house keepers. In it is a glowing mist. The invaders curiosity overcame their fear and they look inside, only to be greeted by a ghost screaming like a banshee. This sends them running for their lives all the way to the beach.
‘The ghost has done it again,’ thinks the lighthouse keeper. For that ghost is a guard, to the lighthouse and the small village. Once again the ghost was a hero, for this was not the first time it had saved them, and this would not be the last.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!