The Miracle Of Human Life

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Never had I set my eyes on anything so beautiful. It spread out long and wide, beautiful and dark at the same time. It wasn’t always large and magnificent, sometimes it was short and cruel, a thin veil of darkness where the light only glimpses. So small and insignificant that it can be easily forgotten by all but myself. I let it take its own course. I do not intervene. I watch and wait even when it begins to cut itself down. I change its course only a few times, like the stories of old would tell you, but the result is always the same. It collects itself into large bodies and fights itself until one body wins. Then it repeats over and over again. I fear that one day it will be the end of itself.
But there is beauty in it. Even when it fights itself, far larger groups of it are doing amazing, wonderful things. Beautiful, magnificent, bold acts of bravery and love. Or quiet peaceful things, helping the poorer parts of itself silently, seeking no reward other than the knowledge that, day by day, it is making other parts of itself as perfect as it can.
It is the caretaker of all things in its world. All the beautiful creatures that inhabit all the lands it lives in. Very many a time did it do its job poorly, but many more times did it try its very best and that is the point I believe. Many of the things it was sworn to protect died off, much of the time by its own hand. But in the recent times it has tried to stop that part of itself from doing any major harm and that makes me happy.
Over the past decades it has become smarter in many more ways than even I thought possible. It has created so many wonderful technologies that it uses to help itself in so many ways. And although they have used those technologies to hurt itself in the past and no doubt will again, it, well most of it, at least, tries to stop the destruction. But it believes that sometimes it may be necessary to fight sometimes. Maybe it is to it, I do not believe so.
It has so many faults, this creation of mine, but I think that with a little help from myself, it can make itself better. It is the miracle of Human Life, my finest creation, and I couldn’t be more proud.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!