Scared Breathless

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

There I was lying in my rusty metal bed, wrapped in my woolly dark red blanket and wearing my favourite blue racing car pyjamas, that's when I heard a loud, obnoxious noise coming from outside my old, dusty window across from where I laid. I slowly rose out of my squeaky bed and pressed my feet against the creaky floor, it felt like it was as cold as the Antarctic in here. I slowly walked up to my window and that's when I saw it was snowing, so frost had covered most of my window making it impossible to see outside.
I then wandered towards my scratched, white door where most of the paint was scratched off. As I got closer, the more I could hear heavy breathing on the other side of my door. I suddenly stopped as my golden doorknob started to turn. I backed away from the vast opening door, then I slipped backwards on the wooden floor making a thunderous noise leaving me gazing at the door with a huge headache.
The door slammed open leaving a huge, scary figure standing in front of me. I was so frightened, I couldn't move one tiny inch. He stepped forward onto the creaky, wooden floor while turning on my yellow ceiling light revealing the monstrous figure to me. I couldn't believe it, it was my Dad!
"Are you all right son? I just came to check on you," explained Dad in a worrying voice.
"Yes, I'm all right, I’ll just go back to bed," I answered back in a relived voice.
Dad went to his bedroom as I tried to get back to sleep on my bumpy mattress but yet it was so comfortable. I still wonder what that was loud noise from outside was? I then stare into my cracked mirror on my painted wooden bedside table and then see a large shadow slowly emerge and grow behind me.
"Dad is that you?" I said quietly.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!