G, That Was Fantastic!

Boom, boooom! Ha ha haaa! I had just finished the last touches on my school work, when I heard a loud sound coming from upstairs. I crept up the hall way so that no one would catch me sneaking around. But I’m a junior, so I’m not really allowed to go up to the senior’s area. Half of me was saying “stop! I’ll get into trouble,” but the other half said “I just have to see what’s going on.” I knew that the big hullabaloo celebration was going on…and I wanted to be there.
I eventually built up the courage to tiptoe upstairs. As I moved, I constantly checked that the coast was clear. When I turned the corner of the long hall way, I saw Mrs Fish. I hid between two lockers and hoped she wouldn’t see me. Luckily enough she didn’t. As I opened the door of the huge room, I saw people dancing, singing and laughing. “This is fantastic,” I said to myself. After that, I had three seconds to have a quick look around. It was then that Mr Chips turned his head, an screamed out into his sparkly microphone “DALY!” Hey you! Come back here.” Mr Chips was the worst teacher ever. He was so mean, that when he screamed, he made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! Without thinking, I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction. But it was too late. Mr Chips had already informed Miss Fries and Mr Burger and they were heading my way. Suddenly big horrible words flashed before my eyes…‘Detention, detention, detention’.
The next day I went to the detention room expecting to see Mrs Mac, the well known detention teacher, but Mr Burger was there instead. “I thought Mrs Mac was the detention teacher,” I said to Mr Burger. Mr Burger told me that Mr Chips got invited to go on Australian Idol, so Mrs Mac went along to watch him and cheer him on. He also said not to worry about my detention.
When I left the detention room, I had a long giggle to myself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!