Cathy's Very Strange Day

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

" Mum I got the the milk and bread" I shouted as I entered the house.
" But didn't I tell you to get oranges darling" Mum said as she walked out of the kitchen.
" Oh yeah. I'll get them now" I said as I remembered what she said before I went to the deli.
" And Cathy with the Change you can buy yourself a treat" Mum said.
" Yes" I shouted as I ran to the deli as fast as I could.

Hmm what should I get I thought then a sign caught my eye. A new flavoured ice cream I took it and went to the cashier. I went outside and started licking my ice cream when two men in black hoodies come out of a car. The younger one said to me " get in now". I was terrified, I was petrified what was I going to do. The only thing that I could think of was RUN.

I ran to with alleyway that led to the back of the deli. They were hot on my heels. I knew they we're going to catch me soon. I turned to the left and hid behind a trash bin. I hope they won't see me here. Petrified and shaking I dropped my ice cream.

Then the two men turned around and we're going to the left turn. Oh what was I going to do. Then an idea popped out of my head. I opened the bag of oranges and started throwing oranges at them. Then the older man said " Stop Cathy, Stop". I stopped and looked carefully at the two men.

They took their hoodies off and to my surprise it was my older brother Jason and my dad. Dad then said" we came to pick you up because you have a dentist appointment and Jason has a sore throat so I was going to bring him to the doctor." I was surprised and shocked.
Jason said while holding his head " Why were you trowing oranges at us and running away we're not monsters" Everyone giggled and laughed. But I still had one problem what was I going to say to mum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!