Kidnapped

“Hurry up Lelia. We’re going to be late for dance!” shouted Lucy. Lucy and Leila both go to Mayvern Primary School and every Thursday afternoon they go to dance together too. At 5pm Leila and Lucy waved a cheerful goodbye and left for home.
Leila walked back past her school towards home. The sky ahead started to change colour. The suns golden ray changed the colour of the clouds to orangey-yellow and sprinkled golden charms onto the dull black road.
Admiring the sunset, a man crept up behind Leila and covered her mouth with sticky tape so she couldn’t yell for help. She thrashed and kicked but the mans grip was too tight which left Leila helpless. She was thrown in the back of a 4wD with her hands tied up behind her back. She couldn’t see a thing.
The car stopped. Leila was pulled out of the car and onto a driveway. In front of her stood an extremely large house. Leila was pushed into the abandoned white house while the man closed the door. He shoved Leila around the house like she was something not alive. All this pushing lead Leila to a small room with a bed, a tiny bathroom and a window which was just out of reach. The man untied Leila’s wrists, ripped off the tape and threw her into the room carelessly. Exactly like a ball. Leila yelled for help and banged on the door but she was trapped.
It was 8 o’clock already and Mr and Mrs Corring had rang the police. A search party was sent out to look for Leila. A day later the police had found a witness. The witness told the story: She walked off in an easterly direction and then a man came out of a black 4wD that was parked on the side. The number plate was BEM300.
The police tracked down the menacing man and waited in their cars until Ben, the wanted man, came out. The police followed him to another house. The house where Leila was hidden.
The room was boring. In the past 2 days Leila was bored, tired, hungry and thirsty. Lacking in energy she just crouched up in the corner.
Leila was terrified when she heard the quivering of footsteps. With each step the shaking got worse. But to her surprise the man came in with food and water. He bent down and said, “I didn’t put poison in it.” As soon as the man left Leila dug into the food. She had been going for 2 days without food.
Minutes later she heard “Freeze. Put your hands up.” Leila didn’t know whether she was dreaming or not. But shortly after, she heard a dozen footsteps. In a blink of an eye someone was trying to break down the door. A group of people eddied into the tiny room and crowded around Leila.
The next thing Leila knew was that she was at home. Safe and sound.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!