Escape The Eruption

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

A usual winter night in Karabaru Island would be as cold as ice but today James felt it was unusually humid. He lay on his bed that was built out of hay and straw. Because of the scorching heat it was impossible to doze.

James vaulted off his bed so he could pour water down his parched throat. James dawdled over to the well and filled the crimson bucket with water. Suddenly, he was astonished to see that the water in the well was boiling. James knew why the tempreature was so high, and he knew why the water was boiling, it was because of the active volcano that towered over the entire island.

Suddenly, the volcano ruptured.

James bolted away from the volcano that was spewing out magma and ash. Large boulders that were steeped in blistering magma hurtled down the volcano. A gigantic boulder was about to leave James as flat as a pancake but in the nick of time, he dived to the left. It was just a close shave. Suddenly, James spotted a motor boat in the crystal clear sea that sparkled like diamonds. He darted to the boat and screamed for help. The passengers of the boat spotted him and rowed towards him. James somersaulted into the boat.

James stared at the ruins of his birthplace. He felt downcast because the island was destroyed. He decided that he would live on a mainland settlement even though it doesn't provide the beauty an island does.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!