Fantasy Of The Dead

There’s a girl in this world of ours. An immortal girl with hair and eyes as black as sin, the source of evil in our world, what makes her more powerful than she already is? Her dragon, a huge red beast with claws as sharp as a sword. His back, tail and wings aflame and the only one that can ever ride him is this girl, whom the flames never seem to bother. Or so they say.

I know that it isn’t her that’s in control. As powerful as she is, she is too young to have been able to reach her position. This dragon is a murderer; he’s eaten fairies, killed witches and sorcerers, burned demons, killed ghosts, drained the blood of vampires and slain more dragons than anyone could count and enslaved even more. They live in a burnt yet magnificent dark castle that sits right at the center of this world.

But they aren’t the only ones with power in this world. I have been preparing for the day when I will annihilate the two for a long time. I’ve died three times fighting them already, I’m not afraid of death anymore. There’s no point in them killing me, for each time they do, I will be reborn stronger than I was before.

Though they may be immortals they aren’t invincible, yet. Once they get rid of me for good they will be unstoppable. I am no knight in shining armor or heroic soldier that makes sacrifices. I’m simply terrible at staying dead.

I looked up from the ground to a sound I knew all too well. The girl was sitting behind the dragon as he roared an ear piercing roar and breathed fire. It seemed as though the sky was on fire and the flaming dragon like a phoenix in the middle of it all. It was the sight of evil mixed with pure beauty. They landed miles in front of me, the girl standing next to the dragon with her palm on his head. Their mighty castle far behind them. Her eyes glowed red and the dragon growled, steam crawling out from his nostrils.

I smiled and took out my sword. This little girl and I were the most powerful beings on earth after the dragon. We had a small amount of the powers of every creature in our world. My eyes glowed black and it was the little girls turn to smile. We ran at each other. On my first attempt she killed me, the next two I came close to killing her but her dragon intervened. But I swear on my life I will kill them no matter what, I have been trying for a decade and I will try for decades more if I have to. I will be the ugliest thing this world has ever seen until I slay them.

No legend speaks of me, no prophecy foretells of me. I do this out of sheer will.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!