Stardust

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

My life has been built on broken stones that struggle to bear my weight.
But as time went on, I started to realize the luck behind my fate.
Although the luxury is all I see of the world that's in my sight,
I pray that I may never experience the real darkness of the night.
I dream of a life that's simple yet polished; a happy one to live.
But I've learnt this world is not how it seems - it's rather deceptive.
Yet words can't fathom the expectations that I hold for the time to come,
nor the priorities I put in place, just to finish what I've begun.
Still my eyes refuse to stop shining when my heart condemn to feel,
but I will never stop singing, a tune of bitter renewal.
And while the sweetness of loving too much has just turned out to be a curse,
always remember that you're only a speck of stardust, just floating around the universe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!