Little Baxter

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

One day Baxter was running out in the cornfields of his farm. He was very bored so he set out to find something that would take care of his boredom. So he tried to find an Indian Cobra. They were very common on Baxter's farm. So he went back to the house and searched through every hole in their house till finally he got a little mouse. He got some rope then tied it around the mouse and ran back to the end of the cornfields on the edge of a forest that his parents always said to stay well away from. He chucked the little mouse into the forests and waited. As soon as he threw the mouse in he got a bite. Baxter pulled and pulled untill finally he pulled out the cobra. The cobra then spreaded out its wide hood looking ready to attack so Baxter grabbed a stick and hit it then out of no surprise it bit him. ARRGGHH he cried his body full of pain as he collapsed and was quickly found by his parents and rushed straight to a hospital. A day later Baxter woke up to the look of he's parents worried faces. They repeated " Are you alright?" and finally he said "yes" His parents took him home the next morning. They were only happy that he was alive. But the next day things changed. His parents grounded him for playing with snakes and almost dying. Baxter's parents made him promise that he would not ever play with anything dangerous again.


The End :)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!