Cheetahs Lost Spots

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

One spectacular day cheetah was strolling in the jungle. He was having fun until.......... he saw his face in a puddle and yelled "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! WHERE'S MY SPOTS!!?, I'll go ask my friends".
So he was running with wobbly legs. But after a while he saw Mr Nile the crocodile and Mr Hippo. "Can you help me find my spots?" said cheetah. "Sorry, I don't have spots I have silky skin" said Hippo. "Neither do I", said Mr Nile "I have scales". "Sorry" they both said.
So next he dropped in at kookaburra's house and said "Do you have my spots?" But kookaburra replied "I don't have spots I have feathers".
After that he went to find monkey who was swinging on some vines. "Do you have my spots?" "No", said monkey "I don't have spots I have brown fur".
Next he saw zebra in the distance. She was chewing on a blade of grass. So cheetah ran over there and said "Do you have my spots?" "No" said zebra, "I have black and white stripes, sorry".
After that he saw lion resting on a liberal rock. He looked pretty tired. So cheetah went up to him and said "Do you have my spots?" "No" replied lion "I have a big fluffy mane, sorry".
Next he saw pigeon hiding behind a bush. Cheetah ran up to him and said "Do you have my spots?" "Sorry" replied pigeon, "I don't have spots I have feathers."
He was walking back and he saw toucan perched upon a low branch, so he ran up to him and said "Do you have my spots?" "No" replied toucan "I don't have spots, I have feathers..... colourful ones, see."
He was just about to give up and go home. But as he was running he tripped and.........fell into a puddle and some of his spots came back. He ran into his house (which was a tree trunk) and had a shower and he was clean. He was so happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!