The Adventure Of Paws

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

It was cold and wet. Paws did not like it. She shivered. Paws said “I think I should go and explore to keep warm”. So Paws got up. As she walked along Paws did feel a little warmer. Paws heard a loud clanking noise. Now like some cats Paws liked loud noise and decided to investigate. When Paws got closer to the noise she saw a spaceship. There were men around it and it looked like they were just adding the last finishing touches. When no one was looking Paws sneaked into the spaceship. What an interesting room thought Paws. All of a sudden Paws felt a little bit sleepy so she climbed up onto a bench with lots of buttons. There were red, yellow, green and black buttons. Then she curled up into a ball and rested her chin on a button that said “lift off”. When Paws woke up she found herself up in the air. Suddenly Paws dropped from the sky. Paws held onto a big table leg. When everything started to get a bit calmer she let go of the table leg. Paws found out she liked flying. She did flips and cartwheels in the air. Paws looked out the window and saw the moon. So Paws pressed a button that said “land”. When Paws felt a big bump she got out of the spaceship and found a man sitting on the moon. Paws said “Hello”. The man whispered “don’t be afraid. I am the man on the moon. Why are you here?” Nervously Paws said “I went into the spaceship and somehow I came here.” Why are YOU here? exclaimed Paws. The man on the moon replied “I came here two years ago to look for a special stone that a woman hid here. It had a special power to make what you wished come true. The woman hid it on the moon because a man called Jack Grasshut was using it to kill people.” “Why has it taken so long for you to search for the stone? said Paws. “Ever heard Curiosity kills a Cat?” said the man on the moon softly. “Yes” said Paws. “Then you go off and think about what I have said” warned the man on the moon. Paws walked off. She was thinking about what had happened. Finally Paws decided to go back home. I don’t want to be too curious and if I find the stone then what will I use it for? The man on the moon will probably use it for good. (Not true) So Paws went back to the man and said “I’m going to go home”. Paws did not notice that the man on the moon tried to hide a smile. So Paws went into the space ship, pressed the button that said lift off and off Paws went flying into space, back home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!