Dark Dreams And Happy Memories

"Breaking News, an evacuation has been taken place in Vancouver as the Black Sprout Infection has infected more then 200,000 people, please head towards your nearest safety zone for further guidance" I sighed and looked over at my little sister Beth who was sleeping with her stuffed dog in the back seat. "Beth im going outside to get some air okay?" I giggled as she groaned when she heard my voice, I opened up the car door and breathed heavily as the noises of the outside filled my ears. A young girl ran past me screaming for her mother as I jumped out of my seat, I locked the car door and sighed, this is just chaotic, there is people everywhere calling there family's and talking about there plans to survive, I quickly took my phone out of my pocket and was about to dial my mothers number but she called me. "Mum are you okay?" I hear ruffled noises on the phone and then I hear a massive scream, "Mum!" I screamed, "April get off of the highway the infecte-" the phone call cut off, I closed my eyes and daydreamed about the good old days, I thought of Mum and how she always used to stroke my hair when I was young, oh, and how she used to make bubble baths for Beth and I. "Hey are you okay?" I open my eyes to only see a young boy holding my hand, I quickly pulled it away from him and snickered, "Who are you?" I whispered, "Hi I'm Troye, I was in the car next to you and decided to come over and make sure everything was alright". I looked at him in disbelief, at times like now nobody would give a donkey's behind about strangers, it's everyone for themselve at times like these. "Well 'Troye', I am not okay my mother is most likely dead and how could i tell my little sister about it?" He was about to answer back but was interrupted by a loud ear piercing scream, everyone looked over at the little girl who's arm was being eaten off by a......zombie? All of the sudden more of these "things" appeared and left and right people were getting eaten alive, I was about to run towards the other side of the highway but I suddenly remembered, Beth was still in the car. I grab Troyes arm and we run towards the car, all what I can see is blood and family's being torn apart, I realise I am holding onto nothing, I look back only to see Troye being eaten alive. I hear him scream but I need to continue on to save my sister, I reach my car only to see that the windows are smashed and that there are dark red blood stains all over the seat, I practically jump into the back seat only to see my sister lieing there untouched, but there was something different about her arm, there was a dark red bite, oh no that's how you get infected! I wake up panting as I ajust to my surroundings, I see my mother driving the car and my sister in the back seat sleeping, "I had the wierdest dream mum" she laughed, I smile at her then look at my little sister, she looks very pale and I stroke her hair, I then rub my eyes but stop only to see blood all over them, I quickly look at Beth and there it was, the Infected bite mark, that would change everything forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!