Peter And Lara

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Once upon a time in a faraway land lived a family. There was a mum, dad and a brother and sister. The brother was Peter and he was eight and his sister Lara and she was ten.

One day a witch came to their house and cast a spell on their mum and dad. The witch told them that in order to break the spell Peter and Lara needed to win five tournaments.
The first tournament was to make the best pasta, but it was against five hundred other people. Unfortunately they came second to last; their arms were so tired they couldn’t move, even a tiny bit.
The second tournament was for the best trick on a trampoline; this time there were one thousand people to compete against! Peter and Lara had never played on a trampoline in their entire life, but they gave it a go.
Believe it or not they came first!! They were so happy and excited because they had never ever done anything like that before.
The third tournament was to make something out of cheese. But this time they had to finish in the top 5, otherwise they would be OUT of the entire tournament!
Peter and Lara came up with Macaroni Cheese and everyone loved it! They were so lucky because they came fourth. They were so hot at the end of it all because it was a 40C degree day!
Peter and Lara were very concerned and worried about their Mum and Dad, but they needed to keep on competing.
In the fourth tournament they needed to try and use an old typewriter and type the longest story they could in ten minutes. The story they wrote about was titled ‘The Jelly Monster’ – and they came FIRST!
The final tournament was up to Peter, it was a four hundred metre race! Peter looked at the boy that Peter was going to have to beat - name was AJ.
The whistle blew and off they went. The race was to be one big lap of the track. They were on the home straight with 50 metres to go and AJ was in front but Peter was closing in fast.
With 10 metres to go, Peter took the lead – he could hear the crowd cheering loudly and saw Lara waving and clapping at the finish line. He gave it everything he could to get to the finish line. He fell as he crossed but he was the WINNER and he only just beat AJ!

The crowd went wild – it was amazing how Peter and Lara had performed in the five tournaments. The witch’s spell was broken! Mum and Dad were back to normal and they were so proud of all that Peter and Lara had done to save them.
Peter, Lara and their Mum and Dad started a new life on another faraway land.
They bought 2 new puppies and named them “Macaroni” and “Cheese”. All 6 of them lived happily ever after!

THE END!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!