The Soloseed

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Hirito had been captured, but how? He looked sick lying on the bed motionless. His friends Tomoki and Mitaki looked at him with a mixture of fear and warning. Mitaki was a Shadowspur, a human with horns and the power to do non-human things."I think he's been captured by Solonians. They get seeds that capture humans in their dreams, and they can never escape until the seed has been demolished" Mitaki explained. Tomoki looked at him awkwardly." I'll have to get into his dream"explained Mitaki."How'd you do that?" Tomoki asked. They jumped back when Hirito gasped the words "SOLOSEED". Mitaki growled and started to disappear. "Wait!" Tomoki lunged to Mitaki, but a second too late he had disappeared.

Mitaki landed with a splash into ice cold water.He gasped and swam upwards to read a sign saying:NON-HUMAN CREATURES CAN USE THEIR MINDS TO HELP THEM."Hmm" he thought about Hirito then thought 'Take me to Hirito'. In a few moments he was in a cave filled with Solonians. He spotted Hirito and teleported to him. Hirito was in a mess.Bloody and bruised he looked up at Mitaki who gaped at him."Mitaki!There's a soloseed in my arm. Tell Tomoki to cut it out or I'll be dinner for those green things" Hirito gestured his head towards the Solonians who looked like fat skeletons, that were green with hollow black eye sockets. They cackled at each other and ran around a small bon-fire. Mitaki thought for a bit, and after a few seconds he had a plan in mind.

Tomoki was searching up 'SOLOSEED' on his phone when a message arrived. He clicked it and gasped as he read the message:MITAKI HERE, THERE'S A SOLOSEED IN HIRITO'S LEFT ARM. FIND IT AND CRUSH IT. I'M COMING BACK!!!. He ran to his bag and pulled out a small pocket knife. He timidly approached Hirito and found a black and green, seed like object glowing in Hirito's arm."Let me.. help" said a whispering voice. "Aiieeee!!!" Tomoki threw the knife and ran out of the room, terrified. "Heh, its only me!" Mitaki shouted, picking up the knife he walked over to Hirito and started to cut around the seed, "I'll heal him later" he told himself. He plucked out the seed and crushed it with his hands. In an instance Hirito woke up howling in agony. Tomoki came in holding as many bandages he could find in the area. Mitaki was healing Hirito who was gasping for breath.

After a few minutes of pure agony
Hirito slumped onto a chair, huffing with gratitude, he looked at Mitaki. "Thanks" he told him. "So... how'd you get a Soloseed?"asked Mitaki
"Some bloke who just said this seed gives good luck" Hirito answered. Tomoki laughed " Random Dude eh'" he chortled. "Whatever" Hirito mumbled.
He felt tired so he lay down on the bed and fell asleep. Tomoki and Mitaki left him to sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!