Dragonicoverlord

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

I'm rugging through the blackest parts of this abyss my body is aching but I push on, finally I collapse on the floor panting heavily sweating, now everything goes black...
I wake up hearing a Dragon's roar of distress I stand up wearily. Staggering to my feet I run to the roar. As I get closer I hear screams of soldiers . I reach a clearing and see many soldiers scampering to reach their shields though many lay hopelessly dead I run up to a dead soldier and take up his flail and shield and without thinking charged toward the Dragon.
I scamper behind the dragon and drive my sword though his back . The dragon roars a final bellow of agony before tuning in to floating particles. It then surges its power and Agony in to me before I collapse in pain.
I finally wake up After 3 days I get out of bed and realise that I was taken to some sort of sanctuary, I look around and slowly move to the door, I hear talking outside, I pick up my sword and used my shield to ram the door it breaks and the guards fall from shock. I run from sanctuary and jump out the window I brace for the impact and close my eyes I then open them as I realise I'm flying though they are I'm flying I took the form of the dragon I killed earlier. I see a mountain up ahead full of dragons swarming it. I land and proceed carefully lots of dragons stare at me i keep walking till I got to what looked like the leader i walked closer and her breathed a steam of hot fire as fast as a rocket and as hot as lava I knew this as i studied dragons as a hobby. i breathed my own stream of flame but my one was a white beam it easily overpowered the older dragons flame. My beam hit the dragon and it collapsed, the rest of the dragons bowed at my presence as i was now the Overlord it wasn't what i expected but i guess you don't always get what you want.
Dragons came to my mountain and have always lost I've kept my empire of dragons and now i will live as one.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!