The Haunted House

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

There once was a joyful street with joyful neighbours, but there was one house at the end of the street that had dark and stormy clouds that surrounded the collapsing house that had smashed windows, creaking floor boards and haunted hallways. No body that dared to entered had lived to tell the tale for there was a rumour that a creature living with in the centre of the house in a fiery pit of doom how would eat the bones and flesh of those who dared to trespass. The horrid creature was told to have razor sharp teeth, blood shot eyes and stand up to seven meters high.

One unfortunate day a little girl named Lily was playing on the grass and looked over and saw a daisy. She was amazed at it's beauty and went to go pick the flower when a radiant light shimmered from the front door of the haunted house. Immediately Lilly was drawn to the radiant light and followed the light into the house then the door slammed shut behind her. Her older brother Luke was walking home from cricket training and saw Lily wonder into the haunted house so he followed her not knowing that she was under a trance.

He opens the door and peers his head around the corner and saw smashed glass and broken furniture all over the floor as he heads to the top of the damaged stair case. "What's that?" he said as he heads to the blue light shining through the cracks of the door, he tip toed quietly and slowly opened the door, in horror he saw his sister floating in mid air with a blue glowing orb dangling over her head which was her soul. It had been stolen by the creature that called himself the DEVIL.

"Leave my sister alone" Luke shouted. "Who are you?" said the devil in a deep voice. "Just let her go and take me instead" said Luke. "NO" shouted the devil hurling Luke into the wall "her soul shall be mine and she will be my slave for all eternity". Luke jumped up and leaped on to the devil to save his sister. Then at that moment rays of light came shooting out of the devil, "What have you done" he said, "I am burning", all that was left was a pile of ash.

"Lily" Luke shouted as he rushes to her side "Lily say something please", "I love you Lily don't leave me" he said in a sad and lonely voice. The first tear fell from his eyes "Luke" said in a soft and delicate voice ,"where am I" said Lily, "your alive" said Luke. Luke was overwhelmed and glad that he sill had his little sister. Even though Lily was week and powerless Luke was thankful he had her sister. But one thing was still on Luke's mind, how did he defeat the devil? And then it hits him, LOVE defeated the devil.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!