Black And White

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Im running running away from darkness running away from the clutches of evil and just before I escape I'm engulfed by darkness.
I wake up ugh nothing will save us really when I say nothing I mean no one will bring back colour so I get dressed in a dress ugh and some nice uncomfortable shoes because I’m the commanders daughter well adopted and the last human they took away colour and some people had the power to use it but “some aliens ‘didn’t like our way of life so they took colour away and its controllers first it was red, yellow, pink, blue, orange, purple, green and gold in this order they were captured gold was the strongest but was taken down when she was sick and weak that capture was pathethetic gold reminds me of someone but I’m not sure who. I go out of my room out to the streets gold is being taken away like the curios girl I am I follow her she’s looking out the small bars she looked me straight in the eyes with pain and longing like I was the answer to her problems I look away sadden that she was our last hope. As I walk up to the podium so many thoughts stir in my head like who is she? Why wasn’t I killed off? And most of all why do I have purple eyes? Huh? Oh my dad’s speaking, showing off my eyes like I’m going to be vengeanced like I’m a mistake my father is crazy about taking out colour.


I’m walking home by myself my thoughts before my father’s speech are in my head again I get home I go up to the elevator I forgot to mention my family lives in the penthouse. I walk and my room and go up to the window. I press my hands up against the cold glass. Maybe I have the powers. Maybe I take them off and look at the window disappointedly. There’s nothing. I walk away when suddenly, I hear a fizzing noise. COLOUR!!!! What how I try to take the colour off it works my father bursts in saying something about winning I don’t care I’m more worried about colour….

Its night I’m sneaking out the window so I can add colour back to the world but first of all I need to break out the colours so I sneak into the base and I try to use one of greens powers its gas so I gas the guards now blues powers air and I create a wind so powerful it breaks the locks we make the world coloured again its beautiful but one more thing I forgot I took the general and locked him in a cage just like what he did to us also one more thing you know gold she is my mother my real mother. But now everything is perfect even the “aliens” are peaceful.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!