Last One Left

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Two down. One to go.

They'd finally decided they no longer needed me. Started blaming everything on me. They didn't know what they were doing but, either way, upsetting me isn't the best idea in the world....

I hope they go back to each other. It'll save me a hell of a lot of time..... y'know....not having to individually find them and all.

I know they'll cry when realise what's going on, probably scream and cry as well but that can be blocked out. No need to worry the neighbours...

They'll plead for me to let them go. Of course I won't it'll ruin everything...

They'll panic every time I walk in, try and back away from me and maybe beg a bit...
But alas, it will be for nought.

And as piece by piece they fall, the children will cheer and laugh.


The remaining two tear up and struggle as they catch the sight of me sliding on my gloves.
As I retrieve the day's rations from their trembling body's they whimper and groan in agony. Some even shouting rude words in my direction as I cook the pieces in a large pot for the feast.

Their eyes widen, hope flashing through them as a little girl with chestnut hair hung in ringlets walks up to me.
"Who is it this time Momma?" she asked ever so politely, making the light vanish from my captives eyes.
I smirk and reply by pulling back the black curtain for my daughter to see the mutilated bodies that have been feeding her and her friends for the past two days.

She giggles at their helpless, bound forms and the occasional twitch of revealed nerves moving naked bone.

"That's the last two isn't it Momma?" my little angel asks.

"For now my sweet.Just wait though, I'll get more. These little games of ours are just too much fun to stop!" I giggle, pulling the pot off of the stove and serving the dish....
Leaving the curtain open just wide enough for them to witness the meal...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!