Unexpected Consequences

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

A grey plastic bag; meant for better things, is dicarded in the park.
Stolen silently by the breeze, it ebbs up and down lathargically in the air,
Floating over lush green fields and beaches with golden sand.
It flimsily sails down to the grey-blue coloured water,
Through flotsam and jetsam, it travels on the out going current to the open ocean.
Surging waters and crashing waves allow a small trickle of liquid to seep through a hole in its side.
Sinking down into the deep, murky water, it takes on the stricking resemblance of a jellyfish.
An unlucky sea turtle spies the bag, silently and stealthily it edges closer and closer,
Suddenly a massive spray of water emerges above the surface.
The sea turtle rips and tears at the bag until it's swallowed whole!
A few days later, lying dead on the golden sand, is a sea turtle with the remains of a grey plastic bag stuck to the sides of it's mouth,
A plastic bag that was meant for better things.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!