Why?

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

A long way into the future, in the year 3000, in the sewers of London (with some rats) someone was working on something so he can take over the world…

On the streets of London a boy called Ben (who likes soft drink) accidently got lost on the busy streets. On his attempt to find his way again he fell down a manhole and into the sewers. After Ben had recovered from his fall he decided to try and find his way out. After about 10 minutes he opened a door and came face to face with a giant battle robot.

He had found the robot in a hidden laboratory so he had a look around, but on the other side of the robot he saw a man standing around a lab bench.
“Who dares trespass in my secret laboratory?” The figure at the bench said
“Who are you and why are you living in the sewers?” asked Ben
“I am professor I.Diot and I was banished down here three years ago”
“Why were you banished?” asked Ben
“Because people didn’t like my experiments” replied Professor I.Diot angrily.
“Why are you building a giant robot?”
“How many questions do you have?”
“But why are you building the robot?”
“Because I want to take over the world, so go away”
“I was trying to do that when I came into this place.”
Professor I.Diot groaned and suddenly turned on the robot which picked up Ben and threw him through a manhole in the roof.
“That kid was really annoying” he mumbled to himself

As soon as Ben had recovered from being thrown through the man hole, Ben started running to his parent’s house to ring the police.
Exactly 20 minets later the police and Ben (who as usual has soft drink with him) were standing outside the man hole Ben had been ejected from, everyone climbed inside the secret laboratory.
“Sorry Professor but your under arrest!” the head police yelled.

The instant they were in the laboratory the police drew their tazzers, pointed them at professor I.Diot and fired them. But, to the police men’s surprise, the tazzers bounced of professor I.Diot and hit the police men instead. In an instant, all of the police were unconscious.

That left Ben alone with professor I.Diot and his giant robot.
“Well, look at who we have here” exclaimed the professor I.Diot

”We’ll get rid of you one day Idiot” Ben told him calmly as he approached.
“It is I.Diot not idiot”
Suddenly Ben tripped and spiled his soft drink on the robot which instantly began to malfunction, it began to jerk around, and then all of a sudden, the robot collapsed on top of the professor. Some hours later the professor had been taken to the hospital. The police (who had recovered from the tazzers) thanked Ben for saving the world from conquest.
“I hope I never have to save the world again” he said happily.
But he will but that’s another story…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!