Room 101

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

I was heading down the long driveway. It was so dark I felt like my headlights weren't even on. All I could hear was the sound of the wheels on my car rolling across the flat surface. I looked to see how much petrol I still had in the car; not much. Thats when I realised I have been driving for over an hour. After my GPS stopped working it seemed impossible to get out of this place. Then I saw the sign, “Gregory Hotel 500m”. I could stay there and find a way back home in the morning. Suddenly it started raining. Hard. I knew I had to get to the hotel fast; the clouds made it obvious that it was gonna get worse.

Once I got to the hotel I realised my car had barely any petrol left, I had no idea how to get back tomorrow. But that’s tomorrow, so I relaxed. I walked into the hotel and talked to the man at reception. He said there was only one room left. Room 101.I said i’d take it but something about the way he said it made me concerned though. He also said it with a worried look on his face, as if he was hiding something. But I just ignored it.

The room’s door looked very old, as if it hasn't been used in years. When I got inside the room I looked out the window. The storm had definitely gotten worse.The thunder was probably the loudest i’ve ever heard and the lightning very strong; if it went one inch more it could have burned the whole forest down. I decided to go to sleep, it had been a long day.

I was awoken to the sound of rain dripping down my windowsill. Thats when I realised my windowsill was open and the rain was starting to flood my room. I swore it was closed when i got into bed. I was very curious on what happened to it. Maybe no one ever used the room because the windowsill didn’t work.

I closed the windowsill. As I turned around there was a girl! A young girl. With curly golden hair, and a startled look on her face. She started walking forward with her hands out as if she was coming in for a hug. But she wasn’t. In fact i knew exactly what she was trying to do, she was trying to strangle me. Then it all started to tie up. The man's look on his face when he said room 101. The windowsill; the young girl could have had something to do with it to get my attention. I tried stepping back as the girl got closer, but the wall stopped me. The young girl was so close to grabbing my neck. Suddenly a flash of lightning filled the room.

All of a sudden I woke up, just a dream! Thats when I heard the sound of rain dripping down my windowsill.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!