Vampire

I wake with the taste of blood in my mouth. I slowly opened my eyes half expecting to be covered all over my dress like I always am but instead this time it is only on my hands. It’s still dark. Thank goodness. I spot a young boy around 8 years old with brown hair lying on his stomach about 5 metres away from me. I rush over to him to inspect the damage I had done to him, as I rolled him onto his back I saw what I had done, I had ripped open his stomach and his intestines were spread out everywhere around him.
The only light that I had was the moonlight so I started to gather up all the pieces, his lungs, liver and heart.
I picked the little boy up bridal style and walked until I found a river. There I filled his stomach up with rocks, took him out to the deepest part of the river and there I laid him on the water. I watched as he sunk. I thought of saying a prayer like I normally would, but I thought not too because everything had changed a couple weeks ago after. I had been walking to the shops when something had run past me and had bitten my arm. At first I thought it was a dog but there was nothing around me, so I kept walking. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground screaming, I was in so much pain, it felt like someone had put hot water on my arm. The pain was so intense that I fainted but there was no one around so no one knew I was there. I then woke up in a dark, gloomy and dusty place. I figured it must be night time since it was so dark. But I could see someone walking towards me; they gave me a cup and said, “Drink,” he had a gruff voice, kind of like an old grumpy mans. I smelt the liquid it smelt like blood.
“Why do you want me to drink this?” I questioned him
“It will make you feel better, and after you have drank it, we can talk.” After he said that, I drank it. It was thick sliding down my throat, it was quite refreshing, I felt much better and I could think straight.
The old grumpy man started to speak, the only words that really got through to me was,
“I am immortal.
I have to kill people.
I have to live of blood.
I am a Vampire.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!