Diebetes

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

This is a true story
Hi my name is MacKenzie but everyone calls me Kenzie or Mack, I have type 1 Dieabetes. And this is my story
I was woken by my dad on Father's Day. Thrown in the shower and then put in the car. I needed hospital care. I was afraid, a tiny 4 year old with her life about change forever. I was given a room immediately and the a needle stabbed into my finger. It hurt, a pain I had never felt befor, a pain I would have to deal with for the rest of my life.
I had a level of 54.4 and was on the edge of death.
I was in hospital for 1 and a half months.
I was told I had a life threatening disease called Diebetes
A few months after I was let out I got ketones which can easily kill me. I was in hospital for 3 weeks.
I was soon invited to a special camp for diabetics in mapleton, and I had an awesome time. A few weeks later I was asked to be in the newspaper for Diebetes camp. I try not to let Diebetes control my life, but sometimes it does.
A few years passed and we learnt more and more.
Then we went though some rough family times mad had to move.
We were broke and had nothing but a fresh start ahead of us.
I'm not trying to make this a sob story. My life is rough but I pull through.
After a few weeks at being at my new school, I was bullied, coming from a privet school with 200 students was hard enough, but then it kept going, I got help and I haven't been bullied since.
I have 2 supportive parents an awesome sister and some great family and friends. My friends understand what I deal with and I can't ask for anything more. I guess if you never go through rough times then you don't grow up knowing what to expect. I have everything I could ever want.
I know I wouldn't have it if I couldn't handle it.
Thank you for reading I know it a bit boring but I had to get it out there!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!