The G.I Guppies

Finalist in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

On a perfectly sunny day, under the sea, in the city of Guppielantis, in Hotel Guvore lived three guppies. The first guppy’s name is Coral the fast runner. Coral is orange and pink mixed together. She loves to use her talent of fast running to clean. She always says “Fast running can really get the job done. The second guppiy’ name is Talia the acrobat. Talia loves to hang from the ceiling. Talia is Purple and Blue sort of mixed together. The last but not least guppy’s name is Kai the instructor. Kai was always bossing people around. That’s why they call him “Kai the instructor.” Kai has sort of Greenish scales.
On a day that should've been perfect, Coral, Talia and Kai were watching “Guppies Got Chops.” “Guppies Got Chops” is about Guppies who can’t do karate and learn how to. Guppies Got Chops is also an elimination show. E.g. If Alan the Karate Master saw a slow mover he would eliminate them. While all of their eyes were plastered to the TV someone rang their doorbell. It was the mailman Bob. “Package delivery for Miss Coral Wright.” Bob said over and over again. “Pause it Kai,” yelled Coral who was walking toward the door. “Fine,” Kai wailed. Coral opened the door and didn't see Bob. She looked down and saw her package.
She walked back inside and sat down on one of the chairs at the dining table. All of the others joined her by sitting down on their dinner table chair. She opened the package and nothing was in it. Then they heard a smash! They ran to the living room and saw that Coral’s pearls were gone! Then they ran to Coral’s bedroom and all of her priceless jewellery was gone too! They all walked back to the living room and dropped themselves on the couch. “Who would steal all of my priceless jewellery?” asked Coral. “I know who would, the rich jerk that lives across the street,” implied Kai. “You’re right,” Coral answered back.
They all decided to get Coral’s jewellery back! They’re first destination is across the street. They all thought that getting in wasn't so easy, but getting out is even harder. Talia went through the air vents, Coral decided to be the distraction, Kai as always would instruct the mission. Talia got in and tried to crack the code to Flumbo’s secret vault. Talia took ages to get in. Luckily Coral was a great distracter. She was flirting with Flumbo the whole way through the mission and Kai got a bit jealous while Coral was flirting with Flumbo but still did his part. In the nick of time Talia cracked open the vault and quickly grabbed the jewellery. “I have to go now.” said Coral who saw Talia signal. “Ok.” Said Flumbo disappointed.
They all went straight to the queen and Flumbo got arrested for being a Jewel theft. They got medals for being heroes and they got named the G.I Guppies.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!