The Frogwump School Camp Scare!

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Once upon a time there was a great big Frogwump family. There was the grandparents, Lishay and Grupert; the auntie and uncle, Jack and Killy and a married couple called Anna and James.
Then, on the first of March they had a Baby Frogwump, they decided to call it Jabby. Having a son had never made them happier.
“What cute little curvy teeth” commented Auntie Killy.”What a cute swishy tail” cried Grandma Lishay.
As years went by, Jabby grew to be a strong and helpful Frogwump.
“Mummy” he would ask “am I old enough for school yet” and his mother would say, “You are only four, in two more days you’ll be five.” When the first day of school arrived he had never been happier.
He skipped to school, smiled while writing, listened while learning, played on the playground and pranced out of school at the end of the day.
But, when he came into school one day he got a scary surprise. “Now class, next week we are going camping for four days and you may bring one parent and you will need your toothbrush and PJ’s” Miss Clapper the teacher addressed them that day.
Jabby did not skip out of school on his small six legs — he decided to take his Mummy camping, and that’s when the trouble began.
It had been one week. The bus was leaving with everyone on it including Jabby. He had said bye to daddy after a lovely breakfast of spidercrab toast and worm juice. When they got to camp he immediately made friend’s.
He met four boys called Henry, Blaze, Wumpy and Conner and three girl’s called Peachy, Beachy and Jenifurr. His sport teacher welcomed them. “Welcome to frogwump primary school camp” Mr. Russul said. “Now there will be five of you in a tent so go find the one with your name on the list.”
Eventually Jabby found the list with his name on it. He was in a tent with: Conner, Wumpy, Blaze, Peachy and Beachy! He was so excited!! When they all finished unpacking they played lava frogwump’s, musical pillows and I’m packing for camp. After that they all had taco’s for dinner.
The adult supervisers were chosen in Jabby’s case his mum and in Jenifur’s case her dad. When everyone was in bed the teacher came to give them all drink bottle’s and torches but when everyone was asleep Wumpy Jabby and Blaze snuck out. There were strange
noises...ohheeeee and then just as they headed back in with their midnight feast the bushes parted, the frogwumps froze... OUT jumped a snail-like monster AAAGH RARWWWWW. The boys closed their eyes...when they opened them again the monster was gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!